Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week Nine Reflection: Field Trip For Cupcakes

So class was pretty awesome this week. We left campus to "go on location" to a local cupcake store, Charm City Cupcakes, and to grab some Starbucks as we met with Michael Scott, someone who Doc Chris has lined up some projects with and needs our help.



Genna, Mairead, and I started off the day driving to location. We hit a bit of traffic but it wasn't that big of a deal. It was a beautiful Thursday afternoon and a perfect day for a drive, so that was pretty great. When we got there, Genna couldn't parallel park (no biggie, I mean I don't even think that should be part of driving exams anymore...am I right or am I right) so we parked in the back by Starbucks.





We each took a group picture in front of the store, which might I add is the smallest cupcake shop on this earth. I'm pretty sure it was once a little shed. I digress. After that, Doc Chris told us that we would again have to enter in a rock, paper, scissor competition in order to see who was going to get cupcakes first.






Naturally, Red Pandas beat out and we got second place (first place went to the team with the most points from last week). Once we were in the shop, we each got to choose the cupcake that we wanted...they all looked delicious. I got Peanut Butter cup. A brilliant choice. Except I really wanted some Milk afterward. I digress again.





Next Doc Chris walked us all over to Starbucks where several team members redeemed their Starbucks awards that Doc had given them. After everyone got their drinks and settled outside, Michael Scott informed us that were going to be working along side of him and his company in order to help promote some things. It was a pretty awesome day and class all in all. Plus, we got to see some adorable puppies and babies along with getting outside on a great Autumn day. A true mixture of sight, sound, motion, and learning.



No comments:

Post a Comment